Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Last Pickle

With 8 weeks to go until departure, we are experiencing a lot of "lasts". Last night at dinner, we ate our last homemade pickle. The jar was the last of our downstairs pantry. We emptied the downstairs freezer a couple of months ago and have been living out of our upstairs freezer since then. It's been a long time since we've not had food stores in the house. It's a whole other way of living. We've stopped buying the two-for deals because we might not be able to eat them before we go. The pantry looks a little bare. Our grocery bill is cheaper, but we have to go more frequently. With much less space available to us in Vietnam, I like to think that we are getting a little practice in before we go.

And, I can see some new family language in the works. When I'm tried and low on patience, "I'm on my last pickle here, people". "Now, THAT is the last pickle!"

No comments:

Post a Comment