Thursday, April 7, 2011

Luggage, Part 2

The luggage is in. Pretty quick shipping from LL Bean. And, free shipping right now. Gotta love that. So, this is what we get to take. Look at all that room! It almost feels like too much - it is taking up our whole living room after all. The problem I can see with these duffles is the seeming lack of structure. We do have some small art pieces that we want to take and it is hard to imagine that they won't slip right out and get smashed. I am thinking bubble wrap, packing tape, wrapping inside a towel or sheet or other piece of clothing, and then more tape. The bags also feel super thin. It's a little hard to imagine that we will arrive with everything intact after three changes. Images of my underwear tumbling around the tarmac in Seoul flash through my head.

Now that the bags are here, I am ever more antsy to clear house. Today I packed two boxes for storage. I know, I know, if I can pack it away now, do I really need it at all? I continue to sort and price items for the first garage sale. Did I mention?! Join us on Asher's and my birthday for Moving Sale #1! Saturday, April 16 and Sunday, April 17, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Help us move some stuff out! You know you want something....

And, oh yeah! The bags did come from Vietnam. I tried to have a laugh about it with the local postal worker, but I don't think she was quite with me.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! You will be one coordinated, stylin', traveling family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your feelings are so familiar! Good for you for getting all that luggage so you can visualize what goes and what doesn't. If you can pack it away now, you'll know whether you can live without it, and mostly you probably can. I know I was living with much more than I needed, and I am again. It is amazing how much I appreciated what I had when I only had a few precious things. Savor that feeling because we are so lucky that we usually get so much more than we need, before we even mean to!

    ReplyDelete