Monday, July 18, 2011

Close Encounter

of a lizard kind.

We have looked at over 20 apartments since Saturday morning. Yesterday, I kept noticing what was obviously some sort of small animal waste in many of the apartments. The first time I saw it, I thought the previous tenants must have had some sort of large'ish bird. The second time I saw it, I started to be a little more suspicious. The fifth time I saw it, I finally gathered the courage to ask what kind of rodent it was. There was much concern from our entourage of 8 and they all gathered close for an inspection. Everyone held their breath until Mr. Hue sighed, stood up and said, "It's from a lizard". There was much laughing and smiling. "Ah", we said, "a lizard." THAT we can deal with.

This morning, in our hotel, I was getting ready for a shower when I heard a little yelp from the living room area. I poked my head around the corner to see if all was ok. Andrew was standing, reading something when he felt something on his foot. When he looked down, it was a small lizard. He yelped and kicked at the same time. We haven't been able to find that poor lizard since.

posted by: Debra

2 comments:

  1. Ghekkos....they are everywhere. Friendly, harmless, lightning quick, very shy. Yes, they poop. Looks like mouse poop with a small white patch in it. They eat insects in your home. Welcome them as part of your life. And you can tell Geiko insurance you have met their Asia representative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were on a Relocation Tour in Belize and a ghekko defiled a fellow traveler's Bible, which had been left open to a certain page. The gentleman took it as a sign, and moved to Belize full time. I didn't get it, but hey...

    ReplyDelete